Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tag!

I have been tagged by the beautiful and talented Karen over at This Old House. You need to check out her place toot sweet. She and her family are remodeling a gorgeous old house and every detail she chronicles makes me want to move in with her and pretend I belong. How long do you think it would take for her to notice?

The Tag Rules:
  1. Go to your first photo file and pick the 10th photo in it.
  2. Tell the story behind the photo.
  3. Tag 5 other people to do likewise.
Here's what I got. Truth be told, this photo is number ten of the last import, but I'm using it anyway!
The Story
Pup and I got married last June in Vegas. He likes Vegas and we really didn't want to make much fuss since this is #2 for both of us. We like to explain that it wasn't the wedding that was important, but the marriage.

We went with my daughters (in photo), my new SonIL - the Big B, one of Pup's sisters and the bro-in-law that he works with.

We had a wonderful and relaxing time. Serious fun.

We laid by the pool during the day, hung out in the sport book, did lots of shopping.

Now that I'm into telling this story, I realize it sounds like I'm in Vegas all the time. I don't even like to gamble! Crazy.

Sarah Bella and Lorenzo got tattoos - such a Vegas thing to do right? Lorenzo's second, but Bella's first. Darling tattoos of their own design. Both of the tats are cute and meaningful to both girls. It was a weirdly family-bonding thing to do. Pup didn't want me to get mine there (I'm not sure why now that I think about it) so I waited until we got home and I had a friend of Bella's do his magic.

This shot is one day when Pup and I were wandering around getting presents for the family. We called the girls and had them meet us for lunch. We sat in the bar eating our fried zuke and chicken strips watching tributes to Michael Jackson on the big screen (he died the day we got married).

Such a great trip. I love family trips!

8 comments:

Blasé said...

ok..Two things-

One, you gotta stop showing pics of yourself that make me have thoughts about you that SB would spank me for...

Two, I wish I didn't know just how handsome and big and tough looking Pups is....because...well... because you know how sometimes I can be. I live such a dangerous life on the Blogosphere.

Marla said...

Hey! We share the same anniversary. Love the story and picture.

raydenzel1 said...

Young and beautiful!
and I am never wrong Pup is a lucky man.

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Yes, Pup (tee hee) is a lucky man, but I'm sure you feel pretty lucky too.

Deborah said...

Blase, you are very cute and very dangerous. We all like you that way yes?

RJ, you are a big flatterer. I give you 30 minutes to stop.

Anonymous said...

Great pic and story! My husband and daughter are planning to get their first (and only?) tats together, so I don't think it's a weird family thing to do.

And you're making me blush! Thanks for the compliments...

I'm finally getting around to updating my blogroll, hope you don't mind being added.

Heff said...

Didn't you forget to publicly tag other people ?

Deborah said...

Karen - are you kidding? I'm happy you are adding me.

Heff - you are right! How about you for the first one? I know you'll have a great story AND picture.