Monday, March 15, 2010

Overheard

At the swanky club Cooper on Saturday night.

The hilarious Doug, his smart, funny, darling wife Carla, Pup, and I stopped to check out this new club in one of the Minneapolis suburbs.

What a gorgeous place.

So what did I overhear? Not a gad damn thing. Carla and I watched all the tables of people that were not engaging in hilarious convo, (as we were I'm sure! - hey! we're funny) but they were constantly texting away or talking away on all their collective smart phones.

Smart phone my ass. I do believe these people are all dumbasses. In the moment people! Why aren't we in the moment??

5 comments:

Heff said...

If I have a friend over and they tinker with their damn cell phone for any longer than it takes to just cut it off, I make them leave.

Sarah said...

I gave B's buddy some major sh*t for playing with his iTouch on Friday at the poker game too! I said, "Hey, socialize with us! We're right here in front of you, not online in Facebook!"

Him: "I am engaged! I'm conversing, aren't I?"
Me: "But are you REALLY wholly engaged with us with that screen in your face?"

And then I gave him the appropriately scornful and skeptical look.

Deborah said...

Heff: You're my kind of dude.

TK: Give him the momma face yes?

But truly, I don't get it. I love social-media as much as anyone, but you are talking to real peeps! Put down the phone.

Ms. A said...

I can sure relate to this one! Grrrrr!

Anonymous said...

It's so sad to see a family of five sitting at a restaurant, no one talking, ALL texting on their phone to whoever. Mealtime used to atleast be the one opportunity where everyone connected.

Breat place, love how it's decorated!