Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cooking with Style

Since I'm whole-hog into my wrecking ball I have been cooking. I've pulled out all my 3-ring notebooks that are stuffed with recipes. I've been going through all of them and editing. Have you ever pulled out some horrible recipe and thought to yourself, "WTF"? Why on earth would I ever want to make raisin custard pie? Shudder!

Pupcake is not an adventurous eater. In fact he eats like a 12 year old. A 12 year old that was never ever made to eat his vegetables. He's number seven out of eight kids and I think by that time his momma wasn't paying attention anymore. I'm guessing Pup's older sisters took care of him and probably let him have anything he wanted to just shut him up. I'm guessing here. ;)

So, to cook new recipes for this guy is challenging. It has frustrated me up to this point, but I finally figured out I've been going about it all wrong. He eats three things - that's just the facts. I don't eat maybe three things. So I've been just cooking. He will like or he won't. Tonight he ate something rather robustly that I feared he wouldn't touch. Score!

I love love love cooking.

Today I made a crustless and sugar free pumpkin pie. Light and fluffy.

Then I made a burger/sausage/rotel/cream cheese panfry to serve on buns. Nummy . . .

Yesterday I made quiche. Tomorrow deviled eggs, zuke appys, and a baked brie. I'll be drinking white wine and watching Gone with the Wind.

2 comments:

Blasé said...

It's hard to find a good-looking woman that likes to cook, nowadays.

I think someone has switched your Y and N keys on your keyboard??

I've never EVER seen the entire 'Gone With The Wind'

Does "Pupcake" read your Blog?

Let's see.. Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet Sauvignon (does that make sense?)

Unknown said...

"Then I made a burger/sausage/rotel/cream cheese panfry to serve on buns."

Do you want to adopt a 36 year old and her 7 year old...we're hungry, lol