Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Pendant for Your Thoughts

Do any of you guys Houzz? It's one of my favorite ways to relax and ideaize. Along with Pinterest. Hanging out on Houzz, getting ideas, placing ideas in your idea books, can be the best place to research and relax.

During our Pup Family Christmas, (35 to 40 people I think) along with the normal chaos, one of my kitchen pendants got broken in a can't-ever-replicate-that kind of accident. I did kinda love my pendant lights, but the opportunity to get something new is never a bad thing in my mind.
Seeing this, I am really going to miss these globes. It will last one minute after I put the new ones up. 
So I'm paging through Houzz and Pinterest looking at globe after globe.

Pup wants to go for something similar with what we had in the beginning.

I say he doesn't get a vote.

:)

Okay - of course he gets a vote. Although we all know what that means. No vote. Vicious!

I say switch it up Deborah! There are two newish globe styles that are interesting to me. The problem is, as it always is, to not fall into trend-traps. I'm highly gifted there. At spotting trends. I start doing and wearing things a bit before they hit main-street. I don't know why I have this gift. Maybe there is a little bit of the Psychic Network working in this vast noggin? Or I'm a bit of an idiot savant in this. Although I do not have a good memory. Okay - I'm just an idiot.

Either way - I have a gift. Hey - I avoided those bowls on top of sink cabinets didn't I? Brilliant! And I've only bought a vintage leather skirt and saved about $200 on that particular trend. Sexy as hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year Friends-in-My-Head!

4 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

LOL.. Happy, Healthy, Sane, non trend-trapped 2015! As for the pendants.. there are soooo many to choose from. I happen to love some of what I see at Pottery Barn and Restoration hardware.

Ms. A said...

I'd be will to bet there is a fascinating story behind the loss of that pendant light!

Happy New Year, Deborah!

T said...

Houzz? Love it. A Houzz addiction is healthier than Facebook addiction, right?

Can't wait to see which pendants you choose.

Leather skirt, you say? Let's see that.

Deborah said...

I'm still looking. I don't know what to do. I found a pair of vintage lights for the island, but Pup just might have a thing or two to say. Ha!

If I modeled I'd post a photo of that skirt, but I hate photos of me mostly. I'll take a photo of the skirt though. It's pretty sweet. :)