Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby, It's Hot Outside

What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.
~ Jane Austen

It was so hot today the National Weather Service issued a fat-guy-in-tank-top warning.
~ Unknown

It's spring fever! That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
~ Mark Twain

If heat rises, then shouldn't hell be cold?
~ Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't talked about it much, but it's been damn weird here in Minnesota.

No snow (nearly so) all winter. Not cold all winter. Now it's been in the 80s.

My poor body doesn't know what to do. I'm hot. Hot. Not that kind of hot (well, maybe the random comment from time to time - I don't take them personally), but hot.

At work I'm BEGGING the cold-hearted and cold-blooded girls to please turn the temps down. Don't they have any heat inside of them?

Sleeping up in the loft is killing me I'm so hot. Pup still wants his bed heater on. I'm exaggerating a little, but not much.

I keep thinking I'm having an endless hot flash, and then I remember. When I was in my 20s and 30s I was hot ALL THE TIME. Could it be I have finally, after months of working with my patient, kind, and puzzled compounding pharmacist, could it be that I've reached a level of balance with my hormones? And this is how I'm supposed to be?

I better figure out what to do with my hair! I'm hot!

What's it like where y'all are?

9 comments:

deb-oh-rah said...

Saw the first mosquito this weekend. It's spring!

Anxious to get in the garden -- too early to fool with the plants but to work on planned hard scaping -- but got so much other stuff to do this week. Dang!

T said...

Well, first, I love the "fat guy in tank top warning" quote. LOL

As for being hot: Yes, the weather patterns here mirror your own. Mild winter, no measureable snow all winter. And it's gonna be in the 80's M-W of this week.

I fear we will be invaded by scores of insects this summer that weren't "killed off" by the colder temps we're used to having.

Tell those girls you work with to layer up if they're cold. We (myself included because I stay hot too) can only take off so much. Play fair!

I've been a "hot box" my whole life, and menopause is likely to either get worse. I'm hoping for my sake it will mercifully level out.

My doc says women who exercise regularly have less issues with hot flashes during menopause. Yay! It may pay off for me!

Sarah said...

Storm windows are coming down TODAY!

It was 80 in the house! We're dying, but loving every minute of it. I'll take a winter like this any year.

Anonymous said...

Rain this morning and now it's just warm, humid and almost uncomfortable.

silvergirl said...

What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.

as a southern girl i really appreciate this quote!
it has been around 81 here the last couple of days. not usual for this time of year. i miss the 70 degree weather
brett

So. Cal. Gal said...

We had rain all weekend and it's in the 50s today. Did MN hijack So. Cal's weather?

Unknown said...

'Fat guy in tank top warning' hahaa that gave me a visual! ;) It's unusually warm here- it's like we skipped spring and went straight to summer!

Ms. A said...

I can't even imagine what kind of heat we are going to have this summer! A medication I used to take, made me sweat buckets. I don't miss that.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

It's GLORIOUS HERE!!!! I am loving the warm temps!!!.. not hot though.. 70's and a slight breeze. Perfect.