Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thrifting a Go-Go

Sunday was GORGEOUS so I hopped in Ruby (Jeep Wrangler) and met my BFF, deb-oh-rah, in the lovely little town of Lindstrom, Minnesota to check out The Picket Fence Gal's sale.

A perfect day to wander around this fun and idea-packed place. We also checked out a couple of other antique stores in the town and ended the day having lunch outside at The Dinner Bell while enjoying a lake view.

 
 I did not buy this lamp. I won't lie; I was incredibly tempted to buy this lamp just BECAUSE. It was the scariest thing I've seen in a while. Right up there with clown paintings. Looking at this photo I am CRAVING that idiotic thing so much! That's an even better reason that I left it in Lindstrom. Seriously crazy yes? {shiver!}

Here are the things that jumped in my car.

 Loved this! Look at the first aid instructions still included. Swoon!

 I have an unnatural love for wooden bowls and boxes. Somebody needs to slap me.

 Pup loves globes (yes to that question). This one called to me really hard.

A random piece of white pottery. The other two pieces I've picked up here and there.

Women really love poking around in these dusty places don't they? Oh men do too, but I have to say that Pup's eyes spoke serious happiness when I told him I was meeting deb there and not wanting to drag him. I'm such a good wife!

8 comments:

raydenzel1 said...

No wonder you have so much stuff! But you had fun and that is important.

Heff said...

That lamp was HORRID, lol !!

Sarah said...

I'm having nightmares about that lamp already!

SO thankful you did not buy it, but now I might have to go get it for Sarwa Nicole's b-day in Oct. It's so hideous, you know she'd love it :)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hating the lamp. H-A-T-E. It would die an unatural death if I came across is in my house. Especially if it were accompanied by a clown painting. (shudder)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I was there on Sat on my way back from Luck = I tried to get Hub to buy that first aid kit!
Don't know how...but I missed the lamp...it would have been a 'laugh at' and a 'threaten' to put next to someone's side of the bed...
T

J.J. in L.A. said...

"Women really love poking around in these dusty places don't they?"

Umm, no. I was last in an antique store in 2000, in Tahoe, NV. I didn't know the area and stuck to the relatives like glue. There was an ugly clown cookie jar that scared the crap out of me. Seriously.

Deborah said...

RJ - I'm always editing. I make it sound like there is mondo-crap here, but there really isn't. Something comes in - something goes out.

Heff - Can't you kinda see it in an eclectic bar? If I had a real bar I really think I would have been tempted.

TK - Sarah Nicole would have totally LOVED it!

Karen - Clowns! ick ick ick So gross!

teri! - That is hilarious! Not too surprising though!

J.J. - And we take children to the circus why? brrrr!

deb-oh-rah said...

When deborah pointed out the lamp I LOLed! Another funny thing -- when we went to the antique store down the street, they had the exact same doll head! Just to sit on your shelf? or make your own lamp?

I remember when I was a kid my uncle took apart one of our dolls and put it back together all akimbo and it sat on his shelf above his bed. He was very weird and scary himself.