- Being sick for the third week (I am not lying) doesn't give much back regarding the cute-quotient. I am not cute right now. I am a sniffing, snorting, achy, fuzzy, ball of mess.
- Cooking isn't my forte anymore. I cooked yesterday and it was, "meh."
- Shopping for smaller sizes really is much more fun.
- I love my daughters with a powerful, laser-like love. They are everything.
- The boys in their lives are pretty awesome as well.
- My boy is pretty good too. Love you Pup!
- Even sick, when everything tastes like ass, my coffee is the thing I look forward to.
- Baseball has begun. I have a new hat and a new t-shirt. I love my Twins even though they've already lost two.
- I am excited because we leave for Mexico on April 21st.
1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
3 tbl butter
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
dash of ground nutmeg
tart shells of your choice
8 oz Brie cheese, rind removed
In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
Place tart shells in muffin pan. Slice cheese into pieces, placing one piece in each tart shell. Top with a tablespoon or so of the leek mixture.
Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until melty and nummy.
I sent the leftovers home with Lorenzo because I'd be all garlic and smeary mouth from sneaking the rest of them.
What did y'all do for the weekend?