Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Realizing


I've been reading a wonderful blog the past month or so. Kevyn and Stacy's "the best life ever." I love their life philosophy so much. It really is simple to conceive, yet very hard (for me) to realize.

I've been thinking about it at the most random times lately. Be the change you want to see and all that yes? Last night just before I went to bed I read an outline of Stacy's last day before being induced with their baby. A simple list of what she and her hubby did. The best day ever! Friends, family, exercise, love, cooking, neatening. Inspirational.

It also made me remember that I have tried many times to welcome and value the small things in my day that give me joy. In fact I post with a few women and once started a thread that I called "list your happy." It eventually fell of from lack of participation. The forum is mostly grousing and complaining which is what people seem to do best. Why are we that way? So easy to be negative. Harder to be positive. Yet, as Stacy and Kevyn show, it's really very simple.

Here are a few things that make me happy.
  1. Pup, my new hubby.
  2. Bella and Lorenzo, my darling baby-girls.
  3. George, my cute dog.
  4. Calvin, my cute cat.
  5. Daisies.
  6. Morning coffee.
  7. Clearance racks.
  8. Thrifting.
I will work harder on realizing.

No comments: