I discovered zucchini when I was in my 30s and having my huge vegetable garden. The zucchinis would grow like mad and I found many ways to use them. Pancakes, jam, and bread. My original recipe was sugar and flour laden so when I discovered this one I was happy!
I found this recipe at Kelly Olexa's site, Body a month or so ago. I've tweaked it a bit from hers as I'm trying to not eat grains and I have no fear of the egg yolk. The original had oats and only egg whites.
- large handful (about 1.5 zucchinis) of shredded zucchini (I peeled mine)
- 1.5 scoops protein powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used natural peanut butter although Primal frowns on this)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I used coconut flakes, unsweetened)
- 4 tbl butter, melted
- 1 tbl cinnamon
- 2 tbl erythritol (or any sweetener, your choice)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
Dump all ingredients in large bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
Place in a greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes at 350°.
The bread is nicely dense with a satisfying flavor of breakfast bread without the pesky grains we may or may not be avoiding. Win win frankly. Who needs those extra carbs?
See my little helper?
Then I get to eat it! That is the only reason I bake. Hot stuff out of the oven.