Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holy Crapinoli

I actually kinda hate it when people say, "I'm so busy! I'm just frantic! I haven't had a minute"! I am guilty of this millions of times - busybusybusy! Blech, ugh, and grr yes?

We are entering the craziest time of the year. If I could organize my mind in a more linear fashion, perhaps I'd be not so busy! Maybe I'd be leisurely and relaxed and enjoy the holidays. Yes! I vow to relax. I promise to cease obsessing. Ha! Have we met? I have to laugh at myself! It could happen! Stop looking at me like that.

What has been happening is a remodel at our other house. My DD1 and her Big B rent it along with one of their buds. He's in the MIL apartment in the basement/lower level. We decided to redo the bathroom in the main part of the house and tile the lower level. The project has mushroomed (does that make you nostalgic or hungry hmm?) into more, as remodeling projects always do. We are now replacing the kitchen in the MILA as well. Crazy! And we've been taking web design classes. For someone who doesn't have a job at the moment I don't have very many moments to squander.

The good news is the project is progressing along wonderfully. The kidlets have had many of their friends help which warms my heart and watching them work so hard and observing them get so much satisfaction out of working so hard is also heart warming. I have great kids. I really do!

So, to add to the crazy, we are hosting Thanksgiving for about 20 people as well. Aaaah! I have my linear list of things to make and bake today. I have my list of shopping for today (how many times have I been to Aldi's and Cub; hmm?). I have my chore list as well. George being one of the things on the list - he needs to be destinkafied - poor little guy. He hates going to the groomers, but everyone who comes in contact with him tomorrow will be glad I did.

How cute is this dog? Seriously cute and adorable.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Eat lots of stuffing, pie, gravy. Sleep in front of the games. Play wii with your fam. Have spirited debates around the table. Count your blessings. Love you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, 20 people at Thanksgiving! you have your hands full...sounds like it will be fun.
happy thanksgiving!
xox