I've been running around like my . . . [fill in witty observation].
My name-my-camper poll has ended. I don't like the name that got the most votes! I'm going with The Guest House although the ironic and subversive side of me wants to go with Hilary. I'm weird like that. You know I am.
So it was a week of opposites. And similars. And a lot of wth moments. But hey! I thrive on wth moments apparently. Don't we all?
And I've learned a thing or two this week.
- Endless MPR (Minnesota Public Radio) listening will make you think you're uber-smart. You aren't.
- I walk faster than I think I do.
- I can leave the house to meet a friend for cocktails with dirty hair. Amazing what a cute dress and Ray-Bans will do for your self-perception. If you believe it works; it works.
- Two and a half hour meetings can go by in the wink of an eye. The outcomes aren't always clear. Kinda like this sentence. ;) That is an emoticon. I use them with wild abandon. Yes - I am so 10 years ago.
- Just because you think something doesn't make it so. I am FULL of smart-thoughts. Not all agree with me despite my bossy ways.
- I really am not as bossy as I think I am. There are only two letters of difference between bossy and wussy. You pick.
- It is hard to twist your hair and write. I've tried. Repeatedly.
Speaking of hair - I suddenly, inexplicably, need a haircut. Like it looks-like-crap-needs-a-haircut haircut. How can hair look so amazing one day and then bam - look like crap suddenly. Ooooooh hair I love/hate you so.
The weekend is beginning my hooches. I am doing this and a lot of that.
One of them is canoeing with my GNO bunch. I whined yesterday that I was tired of driving, but today is promising to be lovely and I think I need to put the top down on Ruby (my Jeep) and drive like I need to. I'll take a couple of partners-in-crime with me. I can't promise we'll be good.