Saturday, January 20, 2018

Day Seven - Meaningful Experience

I'm at the lake for the weekend for my 3-4 week check on the place.

That is meaningful all by itself.

I was listening to a podcast (latest obsession) last week and part of the talk was about order and simplicity and how when your physical world is in order you feel in order. I've known this my entire life!

When I had my corporate job my boss was constantly baffled by my needing a vacation day from time to time to organize and clean house. I would always tell her, "when my floors are clean, my mind is clean."

That's what I'm doing today. Cleaning my happiest of happy places and finding a new clean space in my mind.


2 comments:

T said...

Cleaning is one of my favorite pastimes.

My mom didn't have a college education. The last ten years of her life she was hired on at one of our local hospitals in Housekeeping. She was loved and respected there for the degree of pride she had in her work. She wanted to be the best damn housekeeping staff person known to mankind. She was a master at all things "cleaning." And she taught me a few things along the way. I think it's why I love to clean now. A kiind of honor to her memory.

Deborah said...

tPrettiest - I came to my blog for the first time in many weeks and saw your beautiful comments to me. Thank you my friend. None of us know what we mean to other people and you mean much to me. xxoo