Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Day Four - Meaningful Experience

I consider myself a reader, yet for several years I hadn't been doing much of it. I'm not counting my internet readings of the news or the random nutrition book I'd pick up, but true and real reading.

I started back up last April while Pup and I were in Mexico after season. I read Alec Baldwin's autobiography (and fell further in love with his flawed and awesome self). I devoured it. Then I went into my iBook app on my iPad and read book after book. And around the pool during the day I had two printed novels I had picked up for vacation and I was devouring them as well.

It hasn't stopped - this newfound love of books.

I sleep pretty good these days. Partly because if I do wake too early I pull out my iPad and pick up where I left off and read for a half hour or so and eventually drift back to sleep.
Drifting while dreaming about what I was reading. I am finding how to be still.

2 comments:

T said...

Good stuff.
I read to satiate myself. An all together different kind of hunger.

AND to shit down. Drift. Sleep.

T said...

Uh.
Shut down.

Nasty auto correct.