Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse


It takes me, half an hour to write a verse
He makes me imagine it from bad to worse
My weakness for the other sex
Every time his shoulders flex
The way the shirt hangs off his back
My train of thought spins right off track


Amy Amy Amy
Although I've been here before
Amy Amy Amy
He's just to hard to ignore
Masculine he spins a spell
I think he'd wear me very well
Amy Amy Amy
Where's my morel parallel


I've loved her. I've cried for her. I've known people in trouble like her. Don't judge her. Maybe you know what it's like to struggle, maybe you don't. Leave her be. Let her rest now.

If you're a fan, listen to Frank front to back - back to front.

9 comments:

Ms. A said...

It's really sad when people can't be saved from themselves. So young. Life should have been just getting started. So many like her, that you'll never hear about.

I Wonder Wye said...

RIP tormented soul. I knew it was just a matter of time...

Alexandra said...

I'm so sad about this, too, I can't even sleep.

She just couldn't stop...

Anonymous said...

I'll miss her music. Have a couple of her CD's on my computer and listened to them a lot yesterday after hearing the news. She had such talent in that voice of hers.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

So very sad. I watched a clip of her Belgrade concert and all I can think is.. "WHO put her up on stage? WHO thought that was OK?" She was so clearly in very bad trouble. The poor girl.

Rest in Peace, Amy.

deb-oh-rah said...

Sad. That talent gone. Just sad.

Unknown said...

I could not believe my ears when I heard about her death on the news- what a sin she was so young and talented!

Marnie said...

It's very sad that she's passed on before her time. I really feel for her parents as this must have hurt deeply to out-live her. Rest In Peace really rings true here. xo

silvergirl said...

so sad and we might just find out she died from something other than an overdose
brett