No wireless connection for my netbook – surprising??
It is wild, crazy here. People were lined up outside the doors at 9:15. "What are they waiting for?" I am wondering. "Dry scrambled eggs? Loads of carbs?" I opt for coffee and take my cup to the cashier.
"Coffee only?" she asked.
"Yep," I reply.
"That’s free ma’am."
"The coffee is free."
Jaw dropping on floor. I recover said jaw, walk away with my free coffee, and try to act non-clueless-like. I choose a table by the large, clean windows.
I’ve been sitting here, maybe 10 minutes. The place is filling up.
- Old men
- Old couples
- Young families – lots and lots of families with lots and lots of kids
- Moms with young daughters
- Moms with babies
- One dad with a baby
- Young couples with no kids
- A couple of women with their girlfriends.
Wait! Loudspeaker-woman just announced that the store is open and please stop in for Ikea’s 99¢ breakfast. 99¢? That explains all the old people yes? My dad is 80 years-old and he would LOVE him some 99¢ breakfast. Especially if the coffee is black, hot, and free.
The breakfast smells awesome, but I’m meeting Pupcake at the Mall of Excess, I mean the Mall of America, for lunch.
Sitting here, frankly, just might be better people-watching than at the state fair.
The young couples look hip and perfectly put together. How do they do this? I look down at my cropped cargo pants, black top, and gray hoodie. And I live in the city. WTH?
Lots of graphic Ts with banded hats (no baseball hats), lots of really good haircuts, Lacoste polo’s, lots of very expensive (I’m guessing here) denim.
A few of those bad suburban-mom haircuts (Kate-minus-asshole-type). Young suburbans just love that reverse mullet. Smooth in the front and crazy in the back. Shudder! I know I have hair issues, but please!
Oh, that’s just mean – I am going to hell.
Okay – I’m off to shop.
I love this place.
- Pendant lamp for new gazebo.
- Rug for basement area by tanning bed.
- Tall, skinny, vase.
- Tall, curly things to put in vase.
- Rock for candle display on coffee table.
- 10 - 59¢ glasses. 59¢!! These will be great for the party.
- Plant and vase for me.
- Plant and vase for youngest.
- Wooden soap dish.
- Water spray bottle for naughty cat, Calvin.
- Jar with lid for Epsom salts in bathroom.
- Mittful of weird kitchen utensils. I can’t ever resist the stuff in bins along the steps going down.
- Egg chopper.