Tuesday, July 21, 2020

At the Lake

I'm at the lake.

I don't even know how long I've been up here! Weeks. One daughter asked me if I'm isolating and if I'm still seeing my therapist. Wah? I feel I've hit the age where both of them listen to me (or not listen to me) and nod with an all-knowing nod and think, "Oh Momma; she's getting on now - she doesn't really have anything interesting to say." That is total conjecture. I have no idea what they're thinking. I'm very good at projecting. Because my greatest fear is becoming irrelevant. Yuck! But I am a pain in the ass. I always have been. No excuses here, but it's good to know the reason yes?

This is my home. I have two of them. If I were at the non-lake home wouldn't I be just as isolated? No one is seeing anyone just yet. I can text, facetime, and call from here just as easily as I can from there. In fact I've done tele-therapy from the lake. As long as Pup isn't around it's not a problem. I love him, but he doesn't need to hear my therapy.

Enough.

Truth? I love it here. It's quiet, deer are in my yard on the daily. I have my pets here, my husband is here with me 4-5 days during the week. We have 3.5 acres which isn't all that huge, but it's peaceful. I have my Wrangler up here. I have my clothesline up here. I have books. I have the internet. I have Hulu. I have the deck, the porch, the tiny hot tub we put in. I have sun umbrellas, I have the lake.

Who am I trying to convince?
Hello Tiny Froggy

View from the Tub

Cat Showing Dog Who's Boss

Quiche ala No Lorraine

Local Porch Idea

4 comments:

T said...

It's so nice to revisit you in Blogland. I've missed your blog posts. They never fail to make me smile, redirecting my thoughts to somewhere I'd rather be, both in body and spirit.

You will NEVAAAAH be irrelevant. Never. Ever.

I love your justifications for being lakeside -- not that you need to justify, just saying.

I'm suffocated by this pandemic, and my coping mechanism is to stay buried in an onslaught of Zoom depositions from a recent mass litigation that our firm bid for and won. It's better than thinking about this mess we're in. Jerking my attention to constant long and steady hours of concentration, followed by expedited transcripts on every job, I stay worn out, but it's better than the alternative. And I'm grateful for the work, the ability to earn $.

I took a breather from a transcript, wandering over HERE, a much-needed detour.

Thanks for just being you, for sharing this sunshine with me. I appreciate you always.

Deborah said...

Oh Miss T - isn't this terrible? Gah. I'm glad you have work - that's so great! But I get the suffocation you speak of. That's such a good descriptive word for what this is. Suffocating. Are you working from the lake or your other home? Pup can work from the lake, but he says it's much too distracting. Is it that way for you as well?

I miss you! xxoo

Marla said...

Hello friend. It's been a long while. I'm glad to find you still here, writing and transparent. One day, I'd like to tell you how your encouraging words in a dark time of my life helped save me. Maybe over coffee and tequila. :-)

Deborah said...

Marla!!! I'd be there in a minute. For either. Or both. Or together. Happy to see you. xxoo