Friday, February 14, 2020

Making the Change

It started with tiny things.

I try to smile for no reasons.
I tamp down unruly anger.
I don't drink much, but I'm drinking pretty much not at all.
I go to my therapist.
I listen to Spotify. It has everything you could want and things you didn't know you wanted.
I listen to my podcasts during my two hours of daily commuting.
I love my husband.
I love my family.
I love my job.
I love my damn pets. They save me with their love.
I cry when I damn well want to. No shame in that.
I embrace my faults. Because listen, we all have them. Yes even you! Hehehe!

All of me loves all of you. (Thank you John Legend.)

I many times think I am not special, yet yearn so to be special. But surprise! I am special because I am the only one of me. Good, bad, and ugly. All of our damn selves! It's okay to think we're special.

Changes.

A thoughtful love language.

The Green Train!

You looking at me?

The Tank and The Hulk

💕

No love for the car ride

Roosters and daisies

Furry Love

3 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love your pictures! And I have chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge as I type this - love of self, that is!

T said...

I found it interesting that two of your "tiny things" mirror my own changes, partly intentional, partly not so much: Smile for no reason. (The smile is a universal language that screams I'm-okay-you're-okay-and-today-is-a-good-day-to-smile, and most people smile back!) And drinking less and maybe on my way to not at all???

I love your pictures. Your leggings. Your cat's expression in the car. Your little guys -- wow, I can't believe time. But most of all, I love the way you lyrically purge from the heart. You have a gift.

Deborah said...

Karen - my youngest sent them to Vegas after my emergency room situation! They were so delicious. Love of self - elusive and necessary yes? Thank you about my photos, but I'm a neophyte indeed. You're a professional there woman.

T - the smiling! It doesn't even have to be authentic, yet it can change the chemistry in me. I'll smile to myself when I get into my car so I'm not so rageful when driving. It seems to be helping. You too it sounds? The drinking is surprising to me. I'm not a frequent drinker, but many times when I do I way overindulge. It has been feeling better to not indulge at all lately. In fact, I had a beer last night and could feel it the rest of the night. I thought, "Why did I?" Water is good. Water is very good.